September 27, 2013 9:41 pm
3rd CONFERENCE of the PUBLIC AFFAIRS COMMUNITY OF EUROPE (P.A.C.E.)
Paris, 23rd – 24th May, 2013.
*(Conference open to PACE members, AFCL members, OECD officials, and to invited guests registered with PACE secretary- before May 10th – from SEAP, EPACA, AALEP, ALL and other European countries)
Thursday, May 23rd c/o Maison de l’ Amérique Latine 217, Bd Saint Germain 75007 Paris
09.00 Welcome breakfast.
10.00 Opening and welcome speech (Eric SCHELL, AFCL).
10.15 Brief introduction on P.A.C.E. achievements in Rome and Madrid (Micol BERTONI and Maria Rosa ROTONDO).
10.45 Overview of the situation in the different Member States:
- Austria, Peter KÖPPL, Austrian Public Affairs Association,
- Italy, Giuseppe MAZZEI, Chairman, Il Chiostro,
- Spain, Maria Rosa ROTONDO, Chairman, APRI,
- France, the “SIRUGUE report” on parliamentary lobbying (Nicolas BOUVIER and Aristide LUNEAU, AFCL),
- Germany, Dominik MEIER, Degepol,
- Netherlands, Peter Van KEULEN
- Romania, Laura FLOREA, Romanian Lobbying Registry Association.
- Free discussion with the floor.
13.00 Buffet lunch with AFCL members and guests.
14.00 OECD next steps on transparency and anticorruption rules: Janos BERTOK and Julio BACIO TERRACINO.
15.00 EU new members and neighbors:
- Switzerland – Fredy MUELLER, President of the Swiss Society of Public Affairs (SPAG)
- Croatia – Mate GRANIC, President of the Croatian Society of Lobbyists
- Serbia – Ana BOVAN – Sarajevo Initiative.
- Montenegro, Kostadin PUSARDA, President of the Lobbying Society of Montenegro.
Short speech of Karl ISAKSSON, EPACA , “ The ongoing process of revising the EU Transparency Register“
Free discussion with the floor and with OECD representatives.
For PACE members only: afternoon session – from 16.30 to 19.00.
16.30 Discussion and approval of the PACE rules of conduct ( Dominik MEIER).
17.30 coffee pause
18.00 PACE Support and commitment, membership fees and rules (exchange of views between members).
19.30 Cocktail dinner and short speeches of:
- Philip SHEPPARD – Vice President of SEAP “A short Presentation on SEAP work”
- Christian de FOULOY – President of AALEP “Expanding the practice of lobbying to public policy advocacy”
Friday, May 24th
c/o Boury Tallon & Associés 41-43, rue Saint Dominique 75007 Paris
For PACE members only: morning session from 09.30 to 12.30
09.30 Debate on PACE next steps: events, meetings, website. Discussion and approval of next P.A.C.E. meeting.
11.00 coffee pause.
11.30 Debate (to be continued).
12.30 Free lunch and networking between guests and members.